Barbados Language Centre is inviting you to immerse yourself in two (2) weeks of Barbadian culture from July 25 – August 8, 2021 while learning English.
Spend the mornings in class
The English as a Foreign Language (EFL) programme is made up of four components:
- Language Structure: Develop grammar, vocabulary and reading skills
- Oral Communication: Develop speaking and conversation skills
- Listening & Pronunciation: Develop listening and pronunciation skills
- Culture: Explore the culture of Barbados
Daily class sessions run from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon
Experience the Bajan culture
Music, arts, food, dance and so much for you to enjoy during your stay.
Organised tours start in the afternoon at 2.00 pm. Tours include visits to many amazing attractions in Barbados including:
- Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Codrington College, St. John’s Parish Church, Hackleton’s Cliff, Gun Hill Signal Station
- Chalky Mount Potteries, East Coast and more
Classes: 9:00 am – 12.00 noon
Tours start at: 2:00 pm
|Jul 25||Jul 26||Jul 27||Jul 28||Jul 29||July 30||Jul 31|
|Arrival in Barbados||BLC – Registration and Orientation||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family|
|Host Family will meet you at the airport||Afternoon – FREE||Tour – Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, a UNESCO World Heritage Site||Tour – Chalky Mount Potteries, East Coast||Tour – Codrington College, St. John’s Parish Church, Hackleton’s Cliff, Gun Hill Signal Station||Tour – Farley Hill National Park, St. Nicholas Abbey|
|Aug 1||Aug 2||Aug 3||Aug 4||Aug 5||Aug 6||Aug 7|
|All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family||Free Day: Activities with host family||Holiday Emancipation – Free Day:
Activities with host family
|BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family
|Northern Tour – Speightstown, Slave huts, Animal Flower Cave||Tour – Southern Tour – Crane Hotel, Oistins Bay Gardens||Tour – Closing Activities – Bajan Delights||Departure from Barbados on Sunday 8 August 2021|
Examples of the fees in Barbados dollars
Cost per Student – Adults
|Estimated BDS Cost per Student – Junior|
|Lodging & Board*||$1,000.00||$1,000.00|
*For 2 weeks paid directly to host family includes breakfast and dinner.
**Estimate is based on current pricing and is subjected to change.
All fees are required before the start of classes. (BDS – Barbados dollars). Face to face courses will be offered subject to approval by the Barbados Ministry of Health and Wellness.
All students will receive a Course Completion Letter. Students who pass the examination will receive a Certificate of Proficiency in English as a Foreign Language.
- Complete the application form by clicking the link English As Foreign Language – Barbados Language Centre and selecting your language.
- Our Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- We will send you the Acceptance Letter and host family information.