Barbados Language Centre is inviting you to immerse yourself in two (2) weeks of Barbadian culture during Crop Over Season July 28 to August 10, 2019 while learning English.
Spend the mornings in class
The English as a Foreign Language (EFL) programme is made up of four components:
- Language Structure: Develop grammar, vocabulary and reading skills
- Oral Communication: Develop speaking and conversation skills
- Listening & Pronunciation: Develop listening and pronunciation skills
- Culture: Explore the culture of Barbados
Daily class sessions run from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon
Experience the Bajan culture
Music, arts, food, dance and so much for you to enjoy during your stay.
Organised tours start in the afternoon at 2.00 pm. Tours include visits to many amazing attraction in Barbados including:
- Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Codrington College, St. John’s Parish Church, Hackleton’s Cliff, Gun Hill Signal Station
- Chalky Mount Potteries, East Coast and more
You can also explore on your own and take in some of the Crop Activities including Bridgetown Market, Pan Pun De Sand, Grand Kadooment and much more.
Classes: 9:00 am – 12.00 noon
Tours start at: 2:00 pm
|Jul 28||Jul 29||Jul 30||Jul 31||Aug 1||Aug 2||Aug 3|
|Arrival in Barbados||BLC – Registration and Orientation||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||Holiday Emancipation Day||BLC – EFL Classes|
|Host Family will meet you at the airport||Afternoon – FREE||Tour – Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, a UNESCO World Heritage Site||Tour – Chalky Mount Potteries, East Coast||All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family||Tour – Codrington College, St. John’s Parish Church, Hackleton’s Cliff, Gun Hill Signal Station||All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family|
|Aug 4||Aug 5||Aug 6||Aug 7||Aug 8||Aug 9||Aug 10|
|All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family||Kadooment Day – Free Day: Activities with host family||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||Departure from Barbados|
|Tour – Farley Hill National Park, St. Nicholas Abbey||Northern Tour – Speightstown, Slave huts, Animal Flower Cave||Tour – Southern Tour – Crane Hotel, Oistins Bay Gardens||Tour – Closing Activities – Bajan Delights||Host Family will take you to the airport|
From: $2,495.00BDS ▪ €1,092.64 Euros ▪ $1,249.30US
Cost per Student
|Administrative Fee||$ 95.00|
|Lodging & Board*||$ 1,000.00|
|Transport to Barbados Language Centre**||$ 100.00|
|Cultural Tours||$ 300.00|
*For 2 weeks paid directly to host family includes breakfast and dinner
**Suggested sum for students who take public transportation
All fees are required before the start of classes. (BDS – Barbados dollars)
All students will receive a Course Completion Letter. Students who pass the examination will receive a Certificate of Proficiency in English as a Foreign Language.
- Complete the application form and sign it (click to download form).
- Scan and email the form to us. Our Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scan and email all the Admission documents to us.
- We will send you the Acceptance Letter and host family information.