Barbados Language Centre is inviting you to immerse yourself in two (2) weeks of Barbadian culture during Crop Over Season July 24 to August 6, 2022 while learning English. Please be reminded that COVI-19 Protocols may be in force.
Spend the mornings in class
The English as a Foreign Language (EFL) programme is made up of four components:
- Language Structure: Develop grammar, vocabulary and reading skills
- Oral Communication: Develop speaking and conversation skills
- Listening & Pronunciation: Develop listening and pronunciation skills
- Culture: Explore the culture of Barbados
Daily class sessions run from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon
Experience the Bajan culture
Music, arts, food, dance and so much for you to enjoy during your stay.
Organised tours start in the afternoon at 2.00 pm. Tours include visits to many amazing attraction in Barbados including:
- Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Codrington College, St. John’s Parish Church, Hackleton’s Cliff, Gun Hill Signal Station
- Chalky Mount Potteries, East Coast and more
You can also explore on your own and take in some of the Crop Activities.
Classes: 9:00 am – 12.00 noon
Tours start at: 2:00 pm
|Jul 24||Jul 25||Jul 26
||Jul 29||Jul 30
|Recommended arrival in Barbados||BLC – Registration and Orientation||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes|
|Host Family will meet you at the airport||Afternoon – FREE||Tour – Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison, a UNESCO World Heritage Site||Tour – Chalky Mount Potteries, East Coast||Introduction to Cricket||Tour – Codrington College, St. John’s Parish Church, Hackleton’s Cliff, Gun Hill Signal Station||All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family|
|All Day – Free Day: Activities with host family||Kadooment Day – Free Day: Activities with host family||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||BLC – EFL Classes||Recommended departure from Barbados|
|Tour – Harrison’s Cave||Northern Tour – Speightstown, Slave huts, Animal Flower Cave||Free Afternoon||Tour – Closing Activities – Bajan Delights||Host Family will take you to the airport|
From: $2,890.00BDS ▪ €1316,12 Euros ▪ $1,445.00US ( Junior)
Cost per Student (Junior)
|Tuition||$ 1,200.00||$ 1,200.00|
|Administrative Fee||$ 190.00||$ 190.00|
|Lodging & Board*||$ 1,000.00||$ 1000.00|
|Cultural Tours||$ 500.00||$ 600.00|
*For 2 weeks paid directly to host family includes breakfast and dinner
**Persons who might take public transport should include an additional $150 Bds
All fees are required before the start of classes. (BDS – Barbados dollars)
All students will receive a Course Completion Letter. Students who pass the examination will receive a Certificate of Proficiency in English as a Foreign Language.
- Complete the application form and sign it (click to download form).
- Scan and email the form to us. Our Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scan and email all the Admission documents to us.
- We will send you the Acceptance Letter and host family information.